Saturday, July 2, 2011

My Little Fish Out of Water


The kids have become fish this summer, loving everything to do with the pool and swimming.  I guess it shouldn't surprise me since I was the same way when I was there age, only pausing the swimming long enough to get food in my belly to power more swimming.  In a way I suppose it's natural for kids to be drawn to water, because of this I am religious about swim lessons.  

 
Ethan and his teacher Miss Kalie

Our first session of lessons has come to an end and of course that means jumping off the diving board, candy and certificates.  Mikyla did so well her teacher, Mr. Josh, says the next session she needs to go into the higher class.  And Ethan now thinks he is invincible in the water, and wants to do what ever he pleases as well.  He was so bold he even was doing head bobs on the wall, each time coming up with the biggest smile on his face thinking he was just like the big kids.



Mikyla and her teacher Mr. Josh


 Aidan's last day of his class also included relays with the other kids in his class, for fun, although I don't think he got the fun factor.  You see, for a relay they had to take turns getting out and waiting on the side of the pool, this for Aidan, was freezing!  As he was jumping up and down with his hands clasped together and teeth clenched together he informed me that, "We need to have hot chocolate when we get home today".  He forgot about it after drying off and getting his sucker.


Aidan and his teachr Miss Jen


I mentioned jumping off the diving boards, this is the highlight of swim lessons and Aidan's class got the choice of jumping off the high dive or the low dive.  When I saw him in line for the high dive it surprised me so I went over to him and asked him if he was sure, of course he said, "yes Mommy".  A few minutes later, he climbed three steps, and then came back down those same three steps and slid over to the other line telling me with a sheepish grin he, "changed his mind".  You see Aidan is a bit afraid of hieghts, just like his Daddy, it was too cute.

And of course all sessions end with candy, sugar them up and send them home.  Now we have two weeks break and then have one more session of lesson and one more session of fun!


No comments:

Post a Comment