Friday, July 15, 2011

The Last Day of Camp: Snipes Beware

Brotherly love at breakfast1

Who doesn't love camp oatmeal!
All the kids have been talking about the last couple of days is the snipe hunt!  Aidan said on Tuesday that he saw a dead white one near the basketball court.  And when I called them to go up to the cafeteria for cookies Aidan said, "But we're going to miss the snipe hunt!"  I told him the snipe hunt was after cookies.  We started out fine and everyone was excited but as we made our way around the baseball field chasing snipes and finding ice poop all over Mikyla had enough and told me her tummy hurt really bad and she didn't want to hunt snipes anymore!  After a hot shower I decided that it was more that she was cold and wanted to go to bed.  Aidan informed me that no snipes were caught again, but, "Daddy fell over trying to catch one, and one got away from him and Jess's cousin Tally caught one that blew a hole in her bag because it was a King Snipe so it was big."  Aidan was so exhausted from the evenings' events that he started crying when I made him take a shower.  I told him he had to he was covered in dirt, so he told me, "I'm never going in the dirt again."  Somehow I doubt that!

Ah, but before that culminating event there was lots more that happened.  Today was how many times can Ethan get a ride on a golf cart, all the kids really; but Ethan had a special eye for when the opportunity arose.  And of course it was our last chance to enjoy camp oatmeal. And who doesn't love camp oatmeal?  And one last time for Aidan to help Jeremy keep his cabin in line before meal time.  I have to say Aidan is getting a little too big for his britches up here at camp, I'm sure glad it's Friday.

Ethan's two obsessions at camp are pushing a brum...

...and the golf carts!

With all the fun I had to get a shot of one of Aidan's camp heroes, Stepfan King.  Aidan was all about the older kids this year and really looked up to all of them.  It took me the first few days to get him to play with kids his own age, but he did and Jess and Logan Tischmacher's trailer and Looney Toons became a favorite hang out.
Papa enjoying his grandsons on the deck!

One of Aidan's heroes at camp, Stepfan King.

No comments:

Post a Comment