Friday, June 3, 2011

Aidan's Last Day of School

Aidan's first chapter of his school years is coming to a close and the next chapter of first grade is about to open, how exciting! I was so nervous about who Aidan was going to get for his Kindergarten teacher, I just kept praying ALL summer that God would give him who he needed, someone who would help him blossom into an amazing little boy.  All I have to say is God answers prayers, I couldn't have been more pleased with Mrs. McCarthy!  She was amazing and made my first experience as a parent of a Kindergartner wonderful!  Aidan was stuck on going to the last day of school and all the fun that field day brings, his class even made special shirts that informed everyone who could read that they were "Mrs. McCarthy's All Stars"!  I'm sure fun was had by all Aidan even had a black skull and bones on his cheek but I also found him drooped against the wall waiting for me at the end of the day!  Mrs. McCarthy informed me he was raring to go all day until they lined up and the day was over, along with the adrenaline that had kept him going.  I brought him home to find a 102 temp, I felt awful, and so did he.  Aidan had to miss out on an overnight camping trip with Grammy and Papa, and after a weekend of high fevers never breaking we went to the doctor.  The x-rays found pneumonia, what a great way to start the summer, my poor baby!

The greatest Kindergarten teacher, Mrs. McCarthy and my "All Star"!

No comments:

Post a Comment