Wednesday, June 22, 2011

Trisha's Wedding in Tahoe

We all traveled up to South Lake Tahoe for a wedding weekend to celebrate Trisha and Frank's wedding.  I can't believe my baby cousin got married, and it was a great excuse to get away to relax.  I never thought it would be as cold as it was though, there was still so much snow on the mountains and it was the middle of June.  We started out Friday night with some buffet and there were these great bicycles decorating the streets of Tahoe that were begging to be mounted.  I laugh in the face of a challenge so I conquered not one but two different giant bikes by the end of the weekend.  On the second Lauri was kind enough to give me some help, after all what are sisters for!


The wedding came on Saturday, and you couldn't have asked for better weather. The scenery was gorgeous next to the Lake and it was sunny and warm.  Trisha looked amazing in her wedding dress and was a touching ceremony! My cousins looked amazing as well as her bridesmaids, not to be outdone by the bride of course.


The bride and groom exchanging their vows.

All my beautiful cousins and their little ones.
We took the opportunity since there was a built in backdrop with gorgeous South Lake Tahoe to take a few pictures of our own.  Aaron hates when I make him take too many pictures, but sometimes I just have to force him, and he can thank me later!  And since it was the last family event we were going to be at before Lauri moves to Europe we snapped a family shot as well!




The reception was nice, but a little cold, and it got colder and colder as the sun went down!  Everyone kept saying, "Who would have thought that in the middle of June we would be wearing jackets and freezing?" We didn't stay much longer after the cake was cut, and oh what great red velvet cake it was!  Then I was snatched against my will to miss the dancing because my ride was getting colder by the minute.  I had to take one more picture of Lauri and I before her departure from the states, a wedding is a great place to take pictures!  The guys fit in a round of golf while soaking in the magnificent scenery in celebration of father's day, and Aaron got his first birdy! Over all it was a great weekend and a great excuse to celebrate with family, but I would be lieing if I wasn't in a rush to get home to my little ones.  It is great to get away every now and then, but it is even better being welcomed home with little arms, big smiles and even bigger bear hugs; and all the chatter that follows of every minute you missed! 





 

No comments:

Post a Comment