After church we had a barbecue back at our place with all the moms from the family, dads were there too of course, but it was just a relaxing time with family. We had a great time listening to our parents talk about goofy things about our childhood and then they even got into their own. I think these kinds of times are so much more special to me because I know the fact that they aren't going to be here forever and I want to soak up as much of them into my memory as I can; because I'm sure you know my memory is like an elephant's...I never forget anything! We even got some information from the trivia king A.K.A Nono about Captain Kangaroo and Mr. Rogers. And then the perfect ending, a bedtime story courtesy of mommy. Daddy relinquished his storytelling role for the night saying it was mommy's day. I love my life and all three of my precious blessings!
Saturday, May 14, 2011
A mother's love for all!
I was awoken by an anxious little boy bursting to give me his very special gift that he made me at school. I love the excitement he had, and of course I loved the magnet with his picture and the card with his hand print and picture. Aidan told me, "Mrs. McCarthy said to hide your gift in a good place and someone said to put it under their bed, so that is just where I put it, I knew you would never look for it there." It was so cute! And then came the gift from Daddy, it was a special plaque that said being a mother was a holy privilege. It is, and I decided to put it next to the sink in my kitchen to remind me of that fact during those not so holy feeling situations.
After church we had a barbecue back at our place with all the moms from the family, dads were there too of course, but it was just a relaxing time with family. We had a great time listening to our parents talk about goofy things about our childhood and then they even got into their own. I think these kinds of times are so much more special to me because I know the fact that they aren't going to be here forever and I want to soak up as much of them into my memory as I can; because I'm sure you know my memory is like an elephant's...I never forget anything! We even got some information from the trivia king A.K.A Nono about Captain Kangaroo and Mr. Rogers. And then the perfect ending, a bedtime story courtesy of mommy. Daddy relinquished his storytelling role for the night saying it was mommy's day. I love my life and all three of my precious blessings!
After church we had a barbecue back at our place with all the moms from the family, dads were there too of course, but it was just a relaxing time with family. We had a great time listening to our parents talk about goofy things about our childhood and then they even got into their own. I think these kinds of times are so much more special to me because I know the fact that they aren't going to be here forever and I want to soak up as much of them into my memory as I can; because I'm sure you know my memory is like an elephant's...I never forget anything! We even got some information from the trivia king A.K.A Nono about Captain Kangaroo and Mr. Rogers. And then the perfect ending, a bedtime story courtesy of mommy. Daddy relinquished his storytelling role for the night saying it was mommy's day. I love my life and all three of my precious blessings!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment