I can't believe but the front tooth that has been loose for a couple months now, (but just stayed that way because Aidan was too afraid of pain to wiggle it), finally came out today. I looked at his mouth and saw that the tooth was a little crooked so I asked if I could see how wiggly it was, and of course Aidan clenched his mouth, knowing exactly what I wanted to do. You see, I am a picker, wiggler, etc. and am physically unable to leave something alone that needs taking care of. As a child I couldn't leave a tooth alone until it came out, it didn't matter how much it hurt, I could deal with the pain for the ultimate outcome of a tooth for the tooth fairy! Aidan kept saying that he wanted to do it and so I was letting him, but he couldn't because he said he was scared. I asked what he was scared of and he said that he was scared that it was going to hurt. Finally after blood was starting to show around the gum I asked if I could look one more time and all it took was a little push and POP, out came the tooth! At dinner tonight he said, "Mommy how am I going to eat my dinner with only one tooth?" I told him that he had a lot more teeth to chew with and not to worry about it too much. He was so excited and said he couldn't wait to show his friends. As soon as we got to church he ran over to Garrett Hixson and opened his mouth to show the excitement and thrill of the tooth that was no more, it was really cute seeing the smile and joy on his face.
 |
| Right before the tooth came out! |
 |
| After much fear, it's out! |
 |
| The first front tooth to come out! |
No comments:
Post a Comment